Thursday, January 10, 2013

Better Pics!

I got my good camera back and couldn't resist taking better pics of the Kra'Vak. Although now I face the daunting task of reshooting all the pics on the blog. (Probably not going to happen.)

But wait! There's more! I added flowers to the bases. So, not only are the new pics prettier, they're also prettier.











I've never used the flower flock before. I think it worked out pretty nicely. It also solved a problem for me. I was trying to think of how I was going to distinguish between squads. I thought about different colored dots on the shoulders or maybe different colors on the base edges  But because I alternated the blue and white on the squads the yellow and pink flowers take care of the issue for me.

7 comments:

  1. These look really great, thanks for the new pictures. The bases are pretty awesome, it's a great idea to add some contrasting colors that don't take away from the mini in the slightest. Was the flock easy to adhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. Harold. The flower flock was super easy, although a little time consuming. I just dabbed some tiny, undiluted dots of PVA onto the spongy flock and sprinkled on the flower flock. Let it set for a second and then tapped off the excess.

      Maybe you could use some potted plants around your hive of villainy!

      Delete
    2. Good to know... I'll have to try it out! I'm painting up some Post-Apoc guys and I think the really scary mutants need pretty flowers on their bases.

      Delete
  2. Great looking troops trampling the flowers! (:0)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jay. The flowers still make me smile every time I look at them.

      Delete
  3. I like the non-grimdark colour scheme on these guys, and the "gorilla mechs" in particular look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bright color scheme was a real departure for me but I'm glad I went with it.

      Delete