Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some terrain

I've had these sitting on my table for a while and just last night I got down to putting paint on them (I'll post the pics when they're done).





Super simple construction. Just four pieces of foamcore, corrugated plasticard for the roof, and some plasticard for the doors. I threw some junk and assorted doodads around to make them looked lived in. (Eureka 15mm Sci Fi German for scale.) I textured the walls with some light weight putty and they've since been sanded a little. The bases are all destroyed CDs and DVDs, one small benefit of working at a library.

I'm going to be trying some new weathering techniques on these little shanties. I've been reading about using pastels and think these are a perfect place to start. I really want them rundown and sad looking. All those poor settlers have to live somewhere, after all.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome.. I hear the siren song of terrain building calling me once again and disrupting my painting schedule!

    ReplyDelete