Monday, April 9, 2012

Painted Shanties

Here they are. No new weathering techniques used after all other than throwing some different colors on the roofs which turned out okay. I like the green on the walls too. The pictures really make them much more garish than in real life. I threw lots of different flock on the bases, can't believe I've never done that before.

The paint scheme for the walls was another lesson in my patented "Let's Over Complicate Things" method. I base coated a mushroom color, highlighted cream, then pure white. Then I undid it all by washing with Devlan Mud. I like the effect but could have base coated cream, Devlan wash, then more highlighting. Oh well, live and learn.

I'm happy enough with these, they look suitably run down and most of the roofs have a low enough pitch that minis can stand up there for a better shot. Can't wait to game with them.








2 comments: