Not too many WIP pics. Here's what I have:
|The very beginning of the river board. I used a hot wire cutter for the river. Once it was cut out, I cut it in half horizontally, then gauge an even deeper section in the very middle for the river bed. (Disregard the Happy Napper in the background.)|
|Here you can see that I had the board painted before I decided that I needed to add some more levels. I had just come from my gaming on my buddy's new boards and they were way too cool not to emulate.|
|And here it is all textured, painted, and flocked. I think I'll eventually add some more detail to the vegetation. But it will do for now.|
Next up is the scatter terrain. I wanted some smaller rock terrain. I wanted to be able to use them as stand alone pieces or have them fit together to form a rough wall. Enter the hole saw.
|I used a 2" hole saw for this. Just cut one base out, then let the saw overlap the preceding hole for the remaining bases.|
|A little bit of tree bark mulch, some putty, sand, and they're ready to go.|
I really like these little bases. No matter how you set them up, they fit snugly together. And it was a nice way to ease back into the hobby after my two month break.
I still have my Kra'Vak army to finish up. Just another two squads and the many mechs. If I buckled down I could have them done before December. But I've got my eye on some more Blue Moon Manufacturing minis. Deep Dark Africa this time. The missionaries look delicious.