Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hills!

Slow going in the hobby department lately. But I did manage to try my hand at some new hills after finding this How To over on Cool Mini or Not.



I really like the general shape and more organic nature of them, but I'm not a huge fan of my paint job. I like them much better than the traditional wargaming hills, though, so I'll definitely make 3 or 4 more.

These will see use in my upcoming Weird West games. My gaming buddy placed his Blue Moon order...cowboys, indians, vampires, and some Twanax to use as Sasquatch.

Here's a shot of what he gave me out of his order:

WIP hills in the background.

I took some cowboys for my Monster Hunter gang, some vamps, and a few Indians. I am now eagerly awaiting my order from Splintered Light minis. I'm getting some necromancers, ghouls (for my wendigos!), werewolves, and dire wolves.

We'll be using the Fear and Faith rules from Ganesha Games and I am really excited. I love the simplicity of it. Of course, I haven't played a game yet, but they seem perfect for the kind of game we're looking for.

I just primed 10 cowboys and hope to get some paint on them tonight if my daughter will go to sleep at a reasonable time. I'm also hoping to update the blog a little more regularly as I paint these guys. Keeps my excitement up.

No comments:

Post a Comment